Riptide IO has multiple openings for Python programmers in dev and dev-test teams. We are looking for full-time entry-, mid- and expert-level Python programmers.
- Write idiomatic PEP8 compliant object-oriented Python code.
- Identify and write unit tests & functional tests using any of the testing frameworks in Python. Familiarity with py.test is a plus!
- Ability to demonstrate an idea by writing quick test-/toy-programs in Python.
- Learn and use the standard libraries whenever possible and not to reinvent the wheel by writing new code.
- Knowledge of Python libraries for web services, ReST API’s, etc.
- Zeal to do profiling, performance tuning, optimization, etc.
- Do not hesitate to use debuggers whenever needed.
- Familiarity with async frameworks in Python.
Experience in the following areas is a plus:
- You must have experience in Git and its work flows.
- Proficient in Linux.
- Experience with at least one continuous integration tool.
- Experience (or at least interest) in Energy Analytics, Big Data and Cloud Technologies, Building/Home Automation, Cassandra, etc.
- Knowledge of protocols like BACnet, Modbus, Zigbee, etc. Having used and/or tested at least one industry standard product which involves these protocols is a big plus.
You will be very much liked by us if you do the following (IOW, please hit the "Apply for this job" button):
- Attend PyCon India regularly; Participate in monthly BangPypers meetup. If possible, contribute to the community!
- Contribute to [Python based] open source projects.
The openings are based in Bangalore. Please apply if-and-only-if you are based in Bangalore or willing to relocate to Bangalore.
If you would like to know more about the company, people or the job description, please send us an email - email@example.com